Monday, May 20, 2013

My 22 adopted children

I decided it would be fun to list all of my children in the order that they came to me.  The pictures aren't all of the way they looked when they came, but they are all here!  Very thankful to God for the blessing these wonderful lives have been to me, and my prayer is that they will be a blessing to HIM!

My first child came to me in 1971 and my last child came in 2006.  My oldest is 52 and my youngest is 7 in 2013!  Rick was my first child, and he was 3 when he came.  Next came Vickie and she was 11 1/2.  Continuing on, Margie came at age 8, Nathan at almost 2, Timothy at 3, Kara at 6, Shonda at 7, Laura at 8, Rosie at 5 days (and I was present for her birth!), DJ came at 13, Jeremy at 15,  Jackie at 14, Tess at 18, Kaitie at 20 months, Cody at 10 month, Bonnie (1st time at 7; 2nd time 13), Simeon at 18 months, Meika at 11 weeks, Mahree at 2 days, Spencer at 5 days, Sam at 2 days, Merica at almost 4.

We are a colorful family.  Seven of my children are Caucasian, one was Native American, two are Filipino, one is Korean, and 11 are African American, yet we are all one race--the human race!  We enjoy our different ethnicities, and celebrate them!

Together with my very best friend, Cheryl (whom I have unofficially adopted as my sister!), we make up a motley bunch!  We have enjoyed fostering an additional 65-75 children--some for only a few days, and many for longer.  God has brought us through many ups and downs, many more blessings than sorrows, and experiences that could fill the pages of a long book!

Here are my kids as they have appeared at one time or another!


Rick                                                                                  Vickie

    Margie
                                                                                                      Nathan
Timothy
                                                                                                     Kara
Shonda
                                                                                           Laura
Rosie
                                                                                              Donald

Jeremy                                                                                          Jackie


                                                                                        Kaitie

 Simeon
Meika                   and                    Mahree

Spencer                                         Sam

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Aunt Marge. I'll be copying it to save on our computer, so we can (God willing) look at it many times over the years to come. You and your family are extremely dear to us, as you know! :)

    I also love what you said about there being only one 'race'--exactly right!

    ReplyDelete